In this episode we take three lessons from The Walt Disney Company: Learning from the Past, Momentum, and Opening New Doors.
“Around here, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things.” –Walt Disney Company
Three Lessons from Disney
Learning from the Past
• It’s important to look backwards, learn from history, mistakes, successes
• Don’t look back too long, don’t get stuck in the past
• Don’t get distracted (we tell a story about how Ginny raced and kept watching the other racers), instead look forward
•Goes with our Episode 11 “You Have to Start Somewhere.”
• It takes work to start but it gets easier when you gain momentum to keep going, though it still takes work
• It’s also easy to get off track and lose momentum.
Opening New Doors
• Discovery is fun. Always be exploring new ideas and ventures.
• Find new ideas to improve what you already have
• Find completely new things to pursue
• Keeps you from getting stale and stagnant
Get in Touch!
Check out our FREE Unofficial Day at Disney Resource Pack!
This resource has content taken from our upcoming book that includes lists of items you won’t want to forget and other useful information that will come in handy when visiting the parks with kids.
Sign up for our email list and we’ll email it right out to you! We’ll also let you know when our book is released and keep you up to date on news, contests, and our latest podcast episodes.